Friday, April 2, 2010

in E's quest for balance... some things must go

I'm in need of some balance. I need to drop some of the baggage I'm carrying. I have too much on my plate, too many pans in the fire. My fingers are scalded, and my mind is a kettle on the verge of a steaming boiling scream.

I have to decide what is important, and what I can set aside.


  • I'm setting aside music for now. Not my guitars, but the desire to record my music and share it. I simply don't have the time or money to invest.

  • I MUST continue working on the movie poster for "Writing Christmas Cool" but I have to balance that work with the work that MUST get done at the station... a lot of changes in job duties there, and I'm not as confident as I could be that all will be well in the end... especially in THIS economy.

  • I am setting aside my language studies, TV (well, MOST of the shows I watch), and every book I'm in the active process of writing or drafting... five at varying stages of completion.

  • Much of my blogging is also going. I'll keep this and Letters to Mary, and my portfolios, but that's it. I simply don't have time for it.

  • I'm giving up politics. Or rather, following politics.

  • I'm going to pick up my brushes again. I'm going to stop putting so much effort and emphasis on Photoshop and other programs and get back to the basics. That's where my real talent lies.

And that's just for starters.


UPDATE: Monday, April 5 - 8:45am

Look closely at the man in the picture... recognize him? Was HE saved? or was this photo a study in cynicism by the late Kurt Cobain? Is this something upon which I need to focus more? What am I doing to carry light in an increasingly darkening world? A lot less that those who paid to have that billboard placed. In a search for balance, I can think of no greater duty.

I had a dream last night. I wonder if I have the nerve to actually do it. Especially since it would require using company property off the clock, and for a purpose other than news/work related.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, please move on. Otherwise feel free.

 
Share