Wednesday, February 3, 2010

midwEek brain dump

When will I learn my lesson? Caffeine, bad! I have a splitting headache all because I love that damned raspberry tea at Sonic. I'll pull in of a morning just to get the Route 44 version... nothing else. I know caffeine is bad, but do I stop drinking tea? no. I know high-fructose corn syrup is uber bad, but do I stop drinking sodas? not entirely. I guess I'll have to end up with a brain tumor before I actually say goodbye for good.

The headache is not as bad as it could be. I've had the kind that leaves you drooling on the pillow, and your eyes throbbing with each beat of your heart. Those are scary headaches. I'm paying for it today, but thankfully I'm only getting the happy meal version. Here's my headache poem...

The Rhythm of Pain

Despondency danced a bitter turn
Each step attuned to the rhythm of pain
And ague ~ Oh, what an insistent pill
A tyranny desirous of a last resort
Where pain is safely put to bed
Clubbed mercilessly and staining the sheet
One pill ~ One retreat and saving grace
And despondency cleansed and senseless in the surf


ELAshley
062006.063721.6
75 minutes of brain-cramping toil
...and a migraine in the wings

More poetry can be found at the Muslin Opaque

* * *



I'm building a 2010 politics page for the station. Regional stuff primarily. I hate having to go through the station's "Clickability" platform. I'd prefer to just build it the way I want it to look, but now it's becoming increasingly clear that I'll have no choice but to use Clickability.

For what it's designed to do, it does make things a lot simpler, but it doesn't allow for any real creativity within a company standards paradigm.

Here's the banner I built for the page. Click on the image to see it full size.










* * *



Lunch tomorrow with my lunch buddy. Assuming, of course, nothing comes up. I've been unlucky of late getting her to a restaurant.

I saw her at the "Spotlight on Business" expo at the Civic Center yesterday afternoon. She's as beautiful as ever.

I have no doubt she'll be just as beautiful tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, please move on. Otherwise feel free.

 
Share