Friday, January 29, 2010

to fair beautiful disappointment

I was to have lunch today with the incomparable woman that is my lunch buddy. I haven't seen her in over a month, and I miss her terribly. First she postponed for a later lunch because of clients, then she called to say she couldn't break away. I ate at two. I ate alone.

Though I have no right to, or expectations that she should feel the same, I miss her all the same. And secretly wish there were more to our infrequent meetings than lunch and friendship.

I give too much away, and should erase that last line... but won't. I'm a man: I have eyes, a heart, and my heart likes what it sees. And feels.

I should erase that last bit too...

But won't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, please move on. Otherwise feel free.

 
Share